Right now I’m…
making sure everyone reads this general note (through sept 2019)
i am going through a period of intensive spiritual formation from oct 2018 - sept 2019. in order to say yes to myself and my own growth, i am saying no almost everything that i am not currently committed to. those existing commitments are:
- close friends and niblings
- paid work: center for story-based strategy (css), consulting via lqb2 & co (facilitation, coaching, speaking, education)
- communities of practice: evolutionary leadership, consultant coffee, the upstarts, boston movement space(s)
- boards: RESIST, Family Independence Initiatve (FII) – Advisory Board
- making with my hands: calligraphy, knitting
- making with sound: life radio (show release fall 2019), post-patriarchal, intersectional enneagram
- making with my mind: unleashing alternative futures, pre-/post-patriarchal time travel
- all things healing (especially for queer folx and men)
here’s the more temporal update, though. right now i’m:
- working 1/2 time at css, working 1/2 time for myself via lqb2 & co
- still exploring and unpacking (because of the above bullet) grief, anger, restorative vs transformative justice, wealth/financial trauma, and generosity.
- learning that a 30yo doesn’t heal like a 20yo body. #yikes! knee pain, foot pain, bummer.
- hosting: monthly board ga(y)me day on the last saturday of each month (next one: july 20), monthly queer jp movie night (next one: july 26, 6p), monthly queer full moon circles for men/male-bodied folx
- registered of illuminated villages: poems
- My Grandmother’s Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Mending of Our Bodies and Hearts
- Lay Bare the Heart: An Autobiography of the Civil Rights Movement (written by a relative of mine)
- The New Testament
and as always
you can see my bio and general purpose website at http://www.lawrencebarrinerii.com.