personal updates during the week of action during the pandemic of covid
- restoration city church (6/7/2020): “what does the church have to do with black liberation?”
- how can you win?
- how far have the demands come since 1992?
- How You Can Help (MPLS, June 2020)
- Scaffolded Anti-Racist Resources
- wear out the silence: conversation suggestions
media that is shifting the narrative
- Police Erupt in Violence Nationwide
- COVID & George Floyd Killing Reveal a Failed State That Only Knows How to Police
- the characters this week: the police, the protestor, the white supremacist
- movement for black lives: week of action in defense of black lives
- basic digital security support: the simplest / easiest things that people can do to protect themselves from the increased surveillance being deployed
things i wrote this morning:
|Jun 2, 2020||use your gifts for the movement|
|Jun 2, 2020||some thoughts for my friends during the week of an uprising|
|Jun 2, 2020||sell the brownie, not the ingredients|
- Trump threatens to deploy military against protesters as teargas fired outside White House
- Far-Right Extremists Are Hoping to Turn the George Floyd Protests Into a New Civil War
read this: #GeorgeFloyd Black MN Love Letter
and this: letter from a birminghamjail
- i drowning in check-in texts from friends. if we are close enough to be texting and you are not black, know that i love you and instead of asking me how i am, please ask me what i need. i am getting upwards of 20 “how are you” texts a day and i cannot answer them all. if you are black, please ask me how i am.