money matters march08 Mar 2019
march is two things for me: women’s history month and money matters month (aka money matters march). last moon cycle i made a light commitment to notice my thoughts, feelings, and reactions related to money. that was in preparation for this moon cycle (march 6 thru april 4) where my intention is to be curious as i dig into my relationships with wealth and financial health.
so. as a part of that, i am committing to writing and sharing one sentence every day that i’ve noticed as a result of my curious exploration of wealth and financial health.
- 6: felt intense relief when i found out my healthcare covered an outstanding $517 bill (which was on its third notice and about to be sent to a collection agency) i had from 2018.
- 7: regret for not knowing i had a co-pay card that i could have used back in nov and saved me $380.
- 8: the idea of saving enough money to live for six months feels literally impossible.
- 9: maureen helped me see that one of my first reactions when i get paid is to spend (burn) some cash, often gifts for others or myself.
- 10: the value of wealth is in its gifting, not its hoarding or stagnation.
- 11: i have a huge amount of resistance to taking time to review my personal and business budgets monthly.
- 12: spending money on food with friends is a unique spending experience. it never feels burdensome.
- 13: committing to 20min/week on my financial systems feels like a breakthrough (thanks, maureen!)
- 14: my loan holder sold my debt to another company and i can’t figure out how to log in to the new website to check my balance. i am disproportionately angry.