things that make me cry19 Jul 2019
as a person socialized as a man, i have been conditioned into disconnection with my feelings. this diminishes my humanity in a number of ways that i am still uncovering (and probably will be forever).
one way to reverse some of this violent conditioning is to find things that put me in touch with my feelings. i’ve been making cry playlists for a couple years but i figured i’d start writing out all the things that make me cry. i’m putting it on my blog so that i can find them when i need them (as long as i have an internet connection).
- meditating on the fact that all my niblings will die at some point.
- the thought of sitting at my mom’s funeral.
- it’s quiet uptown from hamilton
- will i? from the rent soundtrack
- over the rainbow by todrick hall