2019/2020 winter practices02 Dec 2019
i’m slowly ramping up to these as fall comes to a close. these will be in full effect winter solstice (21 dec) to spring equinox (20 mar). of course, there will be exceptions, but generally speaking, to survive and thrive this winter, i am committing to these practices/behaviors:
- maximum one non-work/unpaid social engagement per day
- be explicit (as in say it, out loud, when i’m with people) about my energy dropping after sundown (ex: “oh look, the sun is going down. just so y’all know, my energy fades pretty fast in the winter once they sun goes down.””)
- after sundown, the only place i will travel next is to the place i’ll be sleeping
- wake up with the sun
- eat and make lots of soup
- eat more food that my body takes a long time to digest (especially root veggies)
- spend as much time with babies as possible
- use candles instead of lightbulbs when possible
- bake sourdough at least once a week
- spend two nights solo per week
- cuddle as much as possible
- notice when i’m tired. do as much as possible to rearrange my day(s) so that i can respond with love and care to my body’s tiredness (it does a lot during spring, summer and fall. it’s probably just telling me to slow the fuck down and there’s nothing wrong with listening).
feel free to ask me if you see me in real life how these are going! community accountability coming from love is my favorite.