2019/2020 winter pracrtices02 Dec 2019
slowing ramping up to these right now as fall comes to a close. will be in full effect winter solstice (21 dec) to spring equinox (20 mar). of course, there will be exceptions, but generally speaking i am committing to these practices/behaviors:
- maximum one non-work/unpaid social engagement per day
- be explicit (as in say it, out loud, when i’m with people) about my energy dropping after sundown
- after sundown, the only place i will travel next is to the place i’ll be sleeping
- wake up with the sun
- eat and make lots of soup
- eat more food that my body takes a long time to digest (especially root veggies)
- spend as much time with babies as possible
- use candles instead of lightbulbs when possible
- bake sourdough at least once a week
- spend two nights solo per week
- cuddle as much as possible
- notice when i’m tired. do as much as possible to rearrange my day(s) so that i can respond with love and care to my body’s tiredness (it does a lot during spring, summer and fall. it’s probably just telling me to slow the fuck down and there’s nothing wrong with listening).
feel free to ask me if you see me in real life how these are going! community accountability coming from love is my favorite.