- five stages of relationship
- eat. drink water. sleep. these things are surprising hard to do while grieving. get support on them.
- learning to grieve small things prepares us and teaches us how to grieve big things.
- separate the process of building the habit from the outcomes of what you want the habit to help you accomplish. there is a common tendency to be unsatisfied with the outcome of the work, become disappointed, and stop the habit formation process because it’s not giving you what you wanted when you started the habit in the first place. build the habit first. then fill it with the content/work that will actually take you where you want to go.
- start small. so small that if you miss one, it’s easy to not miss a second. ht: james clear.
- the reality of nature / the nature of reality is fractal. “small is all.” — adrienne maree brown. “everything is patterns.” — martin bell. if you can learn about or change something in a small manifestation, you will be more equipped to do it on a larger scale.