2018 annual reflection review: part 224 Jan 2018
|part 1||part 3||part 4||part 5|
… but first things first: my two solo days of reflecting.
in general, my rule (inspired by susannah conway’s unravel your year reflection structure) is to spend half my retreat looking back and the other half looking forward. so days 1 and 2 were devoted to that.
maybe i should have kept better notes (maybe not), but the two days have sort of blended together for me. but the list of things tackled (and mostly accomplished) this year encompassed:
- reviewing my 2017 calendar, week by week (which took an entire day)
- reviewing my 2017 budgets (1/2 day)
- getting explicit about my friend ecosystem and who’s in them (1/2)
- reflect on the question: did how i live use my time and resources (i.e. did how i live) in 2017 align with my values?
- revise and update my vision statement
that review, which was really challenging and eye-opening (as deep reflection often is), lead me to think very concretely about what i wanted 2018 to look like. so that kicked off days 3 and 4…
which i need to write about it tomorrow…
words / writing / post-processing
184w / 11min / 4min