preparing for my 2019 annual retreat26 Dec 2018
my annual retreat is starting in just a few days! i’m so excited for it. and i booked FIVE. WHOLE. DAYS. for it. i feel like i’ve achieved my own little paradigm shift. i know this isn’t a new practice, but going from 2013 where i didn’t do it at all to 2019 where i’ll be taking a full work week to reflect on my past year and plan for the upcoming one feels… epic.
anyway, this post is to give folks who have been asking the overview of what i’ll be doing. you can checkout previous years’ posts about my annual reflection retreat here. but on to this year!
- day 1: review my 2018 calendar in detail (week-by-week) and build summary of how i spent my time. begin to review how my time lined up (or not) with my values and vision. check in on how i’m doing in relation to my august retreat.
- day 2: morning: update and review 2018 finances (personal and business). afternoon: begin summarizing 2018 in words noting time and other resources. evening: new years eve (early to bed, though).
- day 3: morning: update vision and values statement. project vision & commitments for 2019. afternoon: begin drafting shadow calendar for 2019.
- day 4: connect with woes about shadow calendar and build budget goals. begin project kick-offs and infrastructure.
- day 5: finalize commitments for 2019 (ex: 2018 commitments). finish project kick-offs.
and here’s a partial list of things i’m going to weave into this time:
- find a therapist who can help me figure out if i have childhood sexual trauma and work through it if i do
- decide which trainings i want to do
- review my tool stack (including tools i started to use and which ones i have and/or need to let go)
- delete my facebook
- write the next version of my deathnote (former deathnote)
- plan which cities i want to visit and update my list of states
- update my bullet journal practices (includes adding finance, tarot, and moon stuff)
- update and review my friend zones
- update my communication protocol
- plan a 3-day meditation retreat
- begin to schedule all the meetings i didn’t schedule during my no-more-meetings-this-year dead zone
words / writing / post-processing
324w / 25min / 25min